Pharmacist Only Medicine
This product is a Pharmacist Only Medicine and requires pharmacist advice before we can dispatch this product. You must first place the order and then contact our pharmacists within 48 hours on 02 9358 6712. The pharmacist will determine if this product is appropriate for you and if so, approve the order. In the event that you do not do this, the product will be deleted from your order and the balance of your order will be dispatched. This is not required if you have a doctor's prescription.
Nasonex is clinically proven to help treat both seasonal and year-round allergic rhinitis.
The active ingredient in Nasonex Allergy is mometasone furoate 50mcg and this bottle contains 65 sprays.
Nasonex Allergy is non-drowsy so it wont keep you awake.
Once-daily Nasonex is clinically proven to help treat nasal symptoms of both seasonal (outdoor) and year-round (indoor) allergic rhinitis in adults and children 12 years and older.
Nasonex helps treat nasal congestion that happens with seasonal allergic rhinitis in adults and children 12 years and older.
Nasonex helps prevent nasal symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis in people 12 years and older when started 2 to 4 weeks prior to allergy season.
It is important that you take Nasonex regularly as recommended by your doctor, since its effectiveness depends on regular use. Maximum treatment benefit is usually achieved in 7-14 days.
Nasonex contains mometasone furate, a steroid that prevents the release of inflammatory mediators that cause the symptoms of rhinitis and hayfever.
How to use Nasonex
Nasonex is clinically proven to help relieve nasal allergy symptoms including congestion, sneezing, itchy nose or runny nose. It is most effective when used regularly, as your health care provider recommends. Here are some tips that can help make sure you're getting the most from your treatment.
- To be effective, Nasonex must be used regularly. Use it around the same time each day (every 24 hours).
- Do not skip days, even if your nasal allergy symptoms are under control.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember.
- Keep using Nasonex Allergy even if you still have nasal allergy symptoms within the first 2 weeks. The maximum benefit is usually achieved in 1 to 2 weeks.
- If you are using another medication that is also given by nasal inhalation, ask your health care provider which medication you should use first, and how long you should wait between the medications.
- Before you use Nasonex for the first time, you need to prime the pump. Shake well and remove the cap. Hold the bottle in the air, and squeeze the pump 10 times or until a fine mist appears. If you have not used the Nasonex bottle for more than 1 week, reprime the pump by spraying it twice or until a fine spray appears before using it.
- Contact your health care provider if your symptoms do not improve after you start using Nasonex, or if you think you may be experiencing a side effect.
Do not use Nasonex:
- If under 12 years old
- For more than 6 months without the advice of your Pharmacist or Doctor
- If you have a severe nose infection
- If you have a tendancy to have nose bleeds
- If you have an allergy to this product or any of the ingredients
- If the seal is broken
|Pack Size||65 Sprays|